[CentOS] Ext4 on CentOS 5.5 x64

Fri Jan 28 07:51:09 UTC 2011
Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se>

storage
>volumes, and because I know that the next version of centos will support it
>better than 5.5.
>
>I only use it for storage, where I use rsync to copy terabytes of data to
>and from the servers.
>
>It works fine - it's been set and forget so far. Very fast read/write
>speeds.

Same story here. I'm building a new backup server from scratch (with no old
data on it), and while ext3 is nice and stable it's also pretty slow when we
start talking sevenish terabytes.

My main concern is all the writing on the interweb regarding running an fsck
and a tune2fs after having formatted the filesystem to ext4; some say you
should while some say it isn't necessary.
	Anyway, I get a bad block message when running fsck, and am not sure
whether this is a interface problem between the chair and the monitor or
something with the tech preview.

--
/Sorin