[CentOS] Grub upgrade for CentOS 5.5?

Mon Jan 3 11:42:09 UTC 2011
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:09 AM, Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes, I installed rhel6's grub to the rhel6 /boot partition during the
> rhel6 installation and then added a chainloader entry to the end of the
> CentOS-5 /boot/grub/grub.conf to boot rhel6:
>
> title RHEL6 Buildsys
>         rootnoverify (hd0)
>         root (hd0,1)
>         chainloader +1
>

> Adjust to suit your partitioning scheme :-)

That's all it needed. Thanks. Writing from Red Hat now. Would have
been here sooner, except SELinux did a "relabel" -- whatever that is.
Probably didn't like me messing with grub. I thought I could do a
"normal" Linux grub entry (like CentOS) but I got an grub error number
2 when I tried that (13 with the chainloader, which makes sense since
I didn't have grub there). I'll use the chainloader from now on when I
tri-boot.

Thanks very much.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.5 ... err RHEL 6 Evaluation