[CentOS] Compiling thunderbird

Wed Jan 5 14:15:04 UTC 2011
lhecking at users.sourceforge.net <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

> /usr/bin/ld: gfxUserFontSet.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32
> against `ots::Process(ots::OTSStream*, unsigned char
> const*, unsigned long, bool)' can not be used when
> making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value collect2: ld
> returned 1 exit status
>
> HTH

 As far as I can tell, all objects are being compiled with -fPIC. And -m64.
 Including gfxUserFontSet.cpp.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.