[CentOS] folder quotas

Sat Jan 8 19:03:06 UTC 2011
aurf alien <aurfalien at gmail.com>

Hi Kwan,

Thanks for fast the reply.

Funny, I was reading that when I posted to the list.

Not really a practical solution as my needs are for user home dirs which get
automatically created when a user in created.

The solution in the link would mean that I would have to script in some
additional code that formats the users home dir as a file system, mounts it
(if I have 300 users, will I have 300 mounts?) and then exports them (will I
also have 300 exports?), and then 300 mount points on each workstation?

I really really hope Centos/RHEL has some way similar to a Winblowz GPO were
I can limit a users home folder in size.

- aurf