[CentOS] Centos installation Vs Disk partitioning

Mon Jan 10 12:31:09 UTC 2011
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Roland RoLaNd <r_o_l_a_n_d at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using rsync with a cronjob everynight at 11 pm to do the following:
>
> sync relevant directories to a running phsycial machine (same specs more or
> lesS)
> Sync relevant directories to a running Virtual Machine(vmware)
>
> On down time i'll run either one of those machines till problem is fixed.
> wouldn't that be enough?

On my network I am using a combination of rsync and DRBD volumes to
make copies of my data. The main large drive is rsynced regularly to
another system. The daily changes (mostly documentation) is mirrored
on two drives on one server and that volume is DRBD'ed to the other
system.  Works well and recovery is quick.