[CentOS] Recompiling source rpms for i386, i686 and x86_64 on the same box?

Thu Jan 13 12:59:02 UTC 2011
Mister IT Guru <misteritguru at gmx.com>

On 13/01/2011 12:54, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 7:31 AM, Mister IT Guru<misteritguru at gmx.com>  wrote:
>>> *IF* your box is an x86_64 box, you can do it. This is usually done
>>> with "mock", by using chroot cages with specific layouts and automatic
>>> deployment of relevant libraries.
>> I have an x86_64 box running Xen, so a paravirtualised guest has just
>> been ordered for building a Mock Environment. I'm going to have to run
>> to Google to learn more in the short space of time I have open to me,
>> you guys seems to be nudging me in the right direction.
>>
>> Thank you
> That is going nto be unnecessarily slow. If you can run mock on the
> Xen server itself, you'll get a noticeable speed-up, especially with
> large packages like the kernel and Xorg and gimp and Samba.
I'm not 100% comfortable with mixing server tasks - especially when the
boxes are managed using puppet - (google it, puppet is frikkin awesome!)
I always assumed that with paravirtualisation that I'll get near native
speeds. Either way, whatever the needs determine - it seems that
building a mock environment is the way to go. I'm looking for a mock
mailing list, but I guess either this list or the fedora list should be
sufficient, right?

--
The Solo System Admin - Follow me - I follow you
http://solosysad.blogspot.com/