[CentOS] RHEL 5.6 is out

Fri Jan 14 17:12:07 UTC 2011
Mister IT Guru <misteritguru at gmx.com>

On 14/01/2011 15:11, Robert Spangler wrote:
> On Friday 14 January 2011 05:45, Mister IT Guru wrote:
>
>>   On 13/01/2011 21:45, Daniel Heitmann wrote:
>>   >  On 13.01.2011, at 22:34, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
>>   >>  You should probably give RH a call with your questions, or try this
>>   >>  mailing list:
>>   >
>>   >  Or wait a few more weeks for CentOS 6, if it's a money-issue.
>>
>>   I assumed that this would be the case! Made me realise how much faith I
>>   have in the CentOS volunteers. Every time I've heard of a RHEL release,
>>   I brace myself and think "WooHoo - CentOS in three months!" Is this how
>>   other CentOS users feel when they hear a RHEL announcement?
> NO!  This is a volunteer effort.  You cannot expect them to have the newest
> release out days after it is announced.  There is work that needs to be done
> before they can release the OS as CentOS.  They do what they can when they
> can.  After all it s free so why complain?
I have 0 complaints with CentOS - even the complaints I do have are not
really complaints, just me being greedy and fickle. CentOS is, for all
intents and purposes, an Enterprise grade product, I salute you guys and
girls, who work on it.
> You could always learn how to help them get the newest release out there if
> time is such an important issue.
For the record, I do completely understand that this is a volunteer
effort, as I am sure many others have done since the beginning. Time to
me, is not an important issue, I can wait for the work to be done, but
taking into the account the fact that I'm taking, and not giving, I
should have taken the stance that you took, and let people know that
this is a volunteer effort. That said ...

"WOOHOO - CentOS in three months!"

I am free to be happy that there are people out there who are spending
their free time, using their knowledge and expertise just to help me do
my job better. I say "Thank You" to the volunteers, you make my life so
much easier, and your top class work gives me the confidence to deploy
CentOS, not only across all our internal linux machines,  but our colo
facility as well, *and* all our clients. Thank You again, because of
your work, I am able to sleep at night not worrying about new system
installs, or anything to do with CentOS actually. Your work is top class!

--
The Solo System Admin - Follow me - I follow you
http://solosysad.blogspot.com/