[CentOS] Bind won't start.

Fri Jan 14 18:02:09 UTC 2011
lhecking at users.sourceforge.net <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

> > Jan 14 07:29:41 plato named[23057]: the working directory is not writable
>
> See if that is owned or at least writeable, by named.  I vaguely
> remember running into something similar, and that was the issue--the
> file wound up being owned by root and not writeable by named.

 named does not need write access to /var/named. This has been a "feature" of
 RH bind packages for a long time.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.