[CentOS] nic bonding

Mon Jan 17 03:30:38 UTC 2011
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

do updatedb
Please locate the <something>bonding.txt in the installation

go through the procedure

You need to modprobe bonding (with mii settings)
you need to manually create the bond0 files
you need to edit ethx interfaces to enslave them to the bonding master
you need to configure the ports in a managed switch to accomodate
bonded interface ports.

Don't expect n x speed (where n is the number of NICs bonded).

HTH

Regards,

Rjagopal