[CentOS] Network Scanner and CentOS 5.5

Mon Jan 17 20:42:10 UTC 2011
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 03:20:45PM -0500, David McGuffey wrote:

> > > I have had rpmforge installed for some time.  'yum list hplip' gives me
> > > an old 1.x version that is installed.
> >
> > that old version is in centos. Rpmforge now has several repos, packages
> > that upgrade base centos rpms are now in the rpmforge-extras repo. This
> > includes hplip which is at 3.10.6 in rpmforge-extras.
> > See  http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/users/2010-November/003411.html

I would, if you'll forgive the spamming, check out my article on it at
http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/hplip.html

Though the hplipopensource.com page is down, the instructions should
still be good (and if you go to their page, you can still get a link to
a download--get the tar.gz file.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Dorkhead? You lash me with your words!