[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Wed Jan 19 20:29:32 UTC 2011
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 03:18:37PM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Sean Hart wrote:
> > On 1/19/11 11:49 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> > I believe that CTRL-ALT-Bksp will restart X, not the computer.  On
> > restart of X you should be welcomed with the login screen.

Note that in later versions of X, this is disabled by default--this was
an xorg decisions, apparently, they felt too many were typing it by
mistake.

It can be enabled with an entry in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
(It can, apparently, also be enabled with a Gnome GUI, but not using
Gnome, I've forgotten what it is.)

I suspect that in CentOS 6, it will no longer work, not sure about 5.x
at this point.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6