[CentOS] Let's talk about HTTPS Everywhere

Thu Jan 20 01:12:46 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 03:36:53PM -0800, Mark wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:42 AM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:33:59AM -0800, Mark wrote:
> >> Let's talk about CentOS on this list, shall we?
> >
> >        Presumably the OP is running firefox on CentOS.  So... how it this
> >        not about CentOS?
> >

> If that's true, why does he (always) cross-post every single question
> to the Ubuntu users group (and I hear others, but I don't belong to
> them)?

	I was not aware of this; thank you for bringing it to my
	attention.

> This is a fellow who routinely asks extremely general questions that
> so strongly resemble first-year student homework questions that I, and
> others, have taken the path of not helping him.  I'm not here to do
> anyone's homework for them.

	I concur with this 100000%  I've consistently called people out
	for mis-use of this mailing list; somehow this one slipped
	through my notice and I owe the list an apology for that.

> Also, it has been my experience in the last four years of being on
> this list that most people who are genuinely interested in how
> something works *on CentOS* include such minimally relevant
> information as which CentOS they are running and why the question
> belongs here rather than in, say, a Firefox discussion group.
>
> Feel free to poke around in the archives and see if you can find even
> one CentOS query from S. Mathias.

	I have after you pointed out he's a leech (my wording, not
	yours) above and I was reminded of his past antics here.  Again
	my apologies to you and the list for mentally blocking him out
	and not putting 2 and 2 together.

							John
--
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price,
peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft

-- Teddy Roosevelt