[CentOS] Is it okay?

Thu Jan 20 17:09:12 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 1/20/2011 10:53 AM, Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Lamar Owen<lowen at pari.edu>  wrote:
>
>> This is obviously straying from the topicality of this list, but yes the mechanism has been improved at least between F13 and F14, as I did do a preupgrade on my development/testing box, which will likely go to CentOS 6 or SL6 some time RSN.
>
> You say for SL6, would it sometimes prove better than stable CentOS?

That would depend on what you mean by 'better'.  SL adds things not
included in stock Red Hat - and thus strays farther from strict RH
compatibility.  Whether that's better or worse probably depends on how
much you would use the things they add.  Another difference is that they
release alpha/beta versions.  That's better if you need something to
test today - maybe worse if you expect it to be perfect.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com