[CentOS] Xen; xm usb-add syntax - or - where is xm usb-attach

Thu Jan 20 18:53:15 UTC 2011
aurfalien at gmail.com <aurfalien at gmail.com>

On Jan 18, 2011, at 5:40 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 04:46:49PM -0800, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm running Centos 5.5 with Xen 4.0.1
>>
>> Would like to use a USB key (not a block device) in my domU.
>>
>> Dom0 lsusb yields;
>>
>> Bus 002 Device 004: ID 064f:0bd8 ABC-Systems AB CDE/FG
>>
>> xm usb-add shows;
>>
>> Usage: xm usb-add <domain> <[host:bus.addr]
>> [host:vendor_id:product_id]>
>>
>> Not sure what combo will work in this case.
>>
>> However, I've read some notes regarding xm usb-attach.  What subset
>> of
>> Xen do I need for this command to show?
>>

> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenUSBPassthrough

Hi Pasi,

This wasn't very helpful.

Is there any definitive answer on wether USB passthrough works using
Xen 4.0.1 and Centos 5.5?

Seems like it fails miserably based on the posts I have read.

KVM on the other hand seems to work.

- aurf