[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Thu Jan 20 22:53:14 UTC 2011
Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:03 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
>> On Thursday, January 20, 2011 09:36:09 am Ross Walker wrote:
>>> With Amazon's cloud services now I guess they'll have to cut it down to
>>> 7 days, or require finger print or retinal eye scans...
>>
>> Fingerprints are too easily faked.  Mythbusters did it in a 'Crime and
>> Mythdemeanors' episode a few years ago.
>
> I can beat that: I read, a month or so ago, how a bunch of elementary
> school kids discovered that wet Gummi Bears would hold a fingerprint,
> *and* (they didn't understand this) have more or less the same electrical
> conductivity....

Fortunately I don't go sticking my fingers in wet gummy bears, so that
risk is mitigated!

While finger prints can be faked, it often requires access to the
finger to fake. I haven't heard of someone lifting a latent oil print
and creating a fake out of that. I'm sure with enough ingenuity it can
be done. Then again if someone is that intent on accessing your data,
well I'm sure they could figure another way as well...

-Ross