[CentOS] Is it okay?

Fri Jan 21 14:55:56 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote:
<MVNCH>
> In retrospect I think the world would be a better place if everyone using
> RH would have walked away the day they stopped permitting redistribution of
> binaries to the community that had contributed their code base.  But I was
> too lazy to do that myself and CentOS lets me stay that way (and at the
time,
> no one knew how crazy fedora would become...).

Yeah. I played with slackware in the mid-nineties, then went to RH with
4.2. Stayed there until I was ready to leave 9, and I went to SuSE. About
a year and a quarter ago, came to CentOS. Much happier. fedora "become"
crazy, Mike? The beginning of '06, when I went to SuSE, I already knew
that it was bleeding edge, and that wasn't just my opinion, but the
opinion of a number of folks I know, whose technical expertise I respect,
including some guy who's initials are ESR (his politica are another
matter, but that's OT).

*shakes head* I hate fedora (says the guy who just upgraded someone's
workstation, and then spent the better part of an hour getting X
working....)

            mark