[CentOS] how to set imagemagicks tmp folder?

Fri Jan 21 16:39:26 UTC 2011
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

On 1/21/2011 11:16 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 1/21/2011 9:10 AM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
>> 4) Ask the question in the right place.  This list is great and has lots
>> of smart people, but it is not the proper place for all questions.  Your
>> question about Imagemagick would probably be better asked in an
>> Imagemagick forum.  Off-topic questions are not strictly forbidden, but
>> points 1-3 are even more important if your question is off-topic.  It is
>> also a good idea to explain WHY you are asking an off-topic question on
>> this list rather than somewhere else.
> Errr, last time I looked, the environment variable that controls what
> directory is used for temporary files was platform specific unless the
> application does something very non-standard.  I think on CentOS and
> things with similar libraries, that would be TMPDIR.

Considering that he didn't specify his OS and also apparently
cross-posted the question to Ubuntu-users and Debian-users, we know
absolutely nothing about his system.  Not even the ImageMagick version...

If he had said: "On Centos 5 with ImageMagick 6.6.7, how do I change the
temp directory so I don't run out of space doing a Convert?", then it
would be more obvious that the question wasn't totally off-topic.

The general suggestion is valid regardless.  Always make sure you are
posting your question to a relevant list for the best shot at getting an
answer.

--
Bowie