[CentOS] cloning a server

Sat Jan 22 22:41:01 UTC 2011
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

On 01/21/2011 03:43 AM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> The current version of anaconda supports that, but to the best of my
>> recollection, the version used in RHEL 5 did/does not.
>
> Your recollection is wrong, I have never done a CentOS install except
> for the first couple when I was learning without it...

You're right.  repo is listed in the documentation here:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

For my purposes, I use "revisor" to compose an installation repository
suitable for HTTP installs and keep that on my laptop.  I PXE boot new
servers from a direct connection and perform the installation thusly.  I
suppose with "repo" I could, instead, use a proxy server with the cached
installation files and avoid setting up revisor.