[CentOS] Recommendation for a Linux alternative to Centos - ATH9K disaster

Tue Jan 25 19:49:04 UTC 2011

Benjamin Smith wrote:
<snip>
> On my hard disk, I have my /home, /boot, and / directories each on their
> own partitions, and when I'm upgrading my Fedora, I just format / and
/boot,
> and leave /home alone. Although I've transfered it a few times between hard
<snip>
Yep. ALWAYS have /home on its own partition. You *might* want /opt on its
own, also. For more on my views on this, here's my copy of the article I
had published a few years ago in SysAdmin (now defunct, unfortunately)
<http://24.5-cent.us/upgrading_linux.doc>

         mark