[CentOS] Recommendation for a Linux alternative to Centos - ATH9K disaster

Tue Jan 25 20:26:27 UTC 2011
Max Hetrick <maxhetrick at verizon.net>

On 01/25/2011 03:04 PM, Brian Mathis wrote:

> I need to call you on this one.  "Windozie" (implying some kind of
> decent user interface) and "stability" are not mutually exclusive, as
> your comment suggests.  In the old days you may have had to choose,
> but that's long past.  Windows 7 is very stable, as is Mac OS X.
>
> This is the type of false dichotomy that a certain US-based news
> network (rhymes with Blox Fews) uses to misinform a naive public.
> Please don't bring that kind of "logic" into tech discussions.

I have to agree here as well. Too many times do I see people just
blasting other operating systems for these reasons. I'd even go as far
as argue that Windows XP is stable too, so long as it's managed,
administered, and setup securely and correctly.

I don't notice any more crashes on the Ubuntu systems I have set up,
compared to those of CentOS/RHEL, or to even Windows XP and 7 systems.
And I administer all of the above in the same network. People mix these
perceptions up all to frequently, or personally because I simply believe
they like to bash other operating systems that they don't like or want
to use.

Just my 0.02 cents.

Regards,
Max