[CentOS] Recommendation for a Linux alternative to Centos - ATH9K disaster

Wed Jan 26 05:43:01 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net>

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 21:29 -0800, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 01/25/11 8:49 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> > Cobol was the second language I leaned in 1967 from a hardware
> > manufacturer's tutor who didn't have a clue. The first was Easycoder (an
> > assembler type) which I loved.

> do you mean autocoder?  that was the 'assembler' on the IBM 1400 series

You're right about Autocoder being on IBM. I remember it mentioned a lot
at the time.

Easycoder was a Honeywell product and used on the H-200, H-120, H-125,
H-1250 etc.  In those days we had 'core' memory which really was
magnetic cores with wires passing through the cores. A H-120 I worked on
has a massive 32K of memory and it took 1 hour to do a Cobol
compilation.

--

With best regards,

Paul.