[CentOS] #!/bin/csh -v not work on CENTOS 5.5

Wed Jan 26 18:27:12 UTC 2011
David G. Miller <dave at davenjudy.org>

mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at ...> writes:

> We have several "csh" batch scripts using "#!/bin/csh -v".  It work fine,
before Centos 5.5.  After cenos
> 5.5, it will NOT execute and only list history.
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks.

Actually, the script is executed:

[dave at fraud ~/bin]# ./ctest.csh

echo "this is a test."
this is a test.
ls /tmp
gconfd-dave  keyring-ws5CGg  mapping-dave  plugtmp    virtual-dave.9xelPs
gconfd-root  keyring-WsDO9L  mapping-root  plugtmp-1  virtual-dave.d8jgGP

chmod -R g+rx,o+rx Nelson/

cd

cd Nelson/Chap02/

cd /share/dave/cng258/

The history is listed for some reason after the script (in the above example
starting with the chmod).  This appears to have been fixed with tcsh 6.17.00.
The version of tcsh on CentOS is 6.14.00.

Cheers,
Dave