[CentOS] SSH Automatic Log-on Failure - Centos 5.5

Thu Jan 27 08:48:22 UTC 2011
Cameron Kerr <cameron at humbledown.org>

On 27/01/2011, at 9:32 PM, James Bensley wrote:
> I've been reading this thread and have a question. I would like to set up passwordless ssh between two servers for some automated tasks but I don't like the paswordless key's option. How can I supply a passphrase when generating my keys but still have this process automated?

I think 'keychain' is often used for this. It's a bit like ssh-agent, in that you unlock the key manually (eg. just after starting the system), but it can be accessed by other programs later. I've never used it myself.