[CentOS] How to relocate $HOME directory

Sun Jan 30 21:58:36 UTC 2011
Soo-Hyun Choi <s.choi at terabit.org.uk>

Hi,

> This is not a CentOs issue or problem. This plain Jane UNIX. $HOME can
> be anything you want or need it to be. Copy the user's home directory to
> where you want and make the appropriate changes in the passwd file or
> automount maps.

Well, yes and no. In case of Debian/Ubuntu, we need to modify apparmor
settings (e.g., by changing "etc/apparmor.d/tunables/home" information)
to get it right apart from just copying them and changing passwd file.

I wondered if CentOS has such an issue when relocating $HOME directories.

Cheers,
Soo-Hyun