[CentOS] zfs experience

Mon Jan 31 17:08:27 UTC 2011
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Hi Rudi,
>
> On 01/31/2011 04:41 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>>> take this to a more relevant list.
>> This is a "more relevant list", it's Linux.
>>

> erm, no - this is the CentOS list. Not a generic linux list. And I'm
> guessing most of the zfs interest isnt even Linux centric.
>
> - KB
'

He actually asked who has experience with ZFS on Linux. How more
centric do you want?

And, I guess there would be many people with the same interest, to see
how well ZFS performs on Linux, especially with the recent talks about
storage servers.

ZFS is a great file system, with many great features geared towards
RAID, reliability and scalability. But, you would need to run it in
fuse no user-space since it's not supported in the Linux kernel.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com