[CentOS] CentOS 6 Progress as per qaweb

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 20:25:32 UTC 2011

On 7/3/11, Mark Bradbury <mark.bradbury at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Of course, this time estimate is my guess and you should wait for
>> > official estimate from someone from dev team.
>> >
>> Sorry my mistake. They will be available for download in 4-5 days, sync
>> to external mirrors should be finished in 2 days.
>>

> Dates changed again
>
> http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/calendar
>
> Seems to happen every Sunday :)

Not much of a difference this time, still good for download in 4~5
days. This time it looks more like adjusting based on known time
needed to push to external servers.

Although I'm quite curious, how is the push done? Given the
requirements of 25Mbits for donated servers, it would take less than
an hour to push through even 10GB worth of DVD + CDs. It seems quite
odd that it takes 2~3 days just to push to internal mirrors.