[CentOS] shared cups printers disappeared

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Jul 4 17:47:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 09:55:18 +0100
Michael Gliwinski wrote:

> Although you said CUPS wasn't updated so it should be unlikely, but may be
> worth re-applying settings to enable sharing (on server) and browsing (on
> client).

I actually removed and reinstalled the printers with system-config-printer on
each machine, with no change.

At this point I've decided to give up on it for the moment since the remote
printers do work as long as I configure them manually on each machine.  I plan
to update both machines to Centos 6 and hopefully the problem will just go away
at that point.

A huge thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions!  And a further thank
you to everyone who thought about this problem, even if you didn't reply.  Your
time thinking about it is also appreciated.

I sincerely appreciate the huge depth of knowledge that's represented on this
mailing list.