[CentOS] mounting a CentOS 5.5-based NFS partitions from a Mac OS X machine

Boris Epstein borepstein at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 13:54:56 UTC 2011

> Is the OS X firewall blocking nfs?
>
> How are you mounting the export? If you're not trying it from within
> Terminal, does it work from within it?

The OS X firewall dos not appear to be a factor. Actually it works
just fine when I turn off the firewall on the CentOS end.

Could it be that even when I am trying to mount over the TCP the NFS
client on the Mac OS X side still tried to connect to some UDP port? I
am asking that because everyone else mounts just fine with the
firewall up on the server end.

Boris.