[CentOS] Power-outage

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jul 6 19:24:48 UTC 2011

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

>>> Hook up ethernet, if its not POE, you plug it in, attach all the various
>>> usb cables, vga, serial, ps/2, ect ect to the server and let it hang.
>>> When your server is unresponsive just go ahead and hit the IP you
>>> assigned to your Spider, and you get a full console, virtual media, mass
>>> storage emulation, and the ability to mount samba shares and what not
>>> into it.

>> I'm still not clear on this solution.
>> Assuming you are actually doing this, could you tell me how you set it up
>> in a little more detail, please.
>>

> You hook up device to the PC, and both to internet, device with public
> IP, best if it is static, or with dynamic domain.

I'm not sure how I would connect both Spider and PC to the internet.
If I had to purchase a second IP address,
and pay my ISP for a second line,
with the cost of the Spider this would be getting quite expensive.
Maybe I have misunderstood something, as I am no network guru.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net