[CentOS] Strange autotools error

John J. Boyer

john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Thu Jul 7 05:08:09 UTC 2011

I am using CentOS 5.6, autoconf 2.59 and automake 1.9.6. I run an
autogen script which cleans all autotools files and then installs new
ones. If the appliction has no dependencies running configure, make and
make install works fine. However if it has dependencies I get the
messages "Creating Makefile" and "Could not find input file Makefile".
I've herd that I need another development package. What is it? Or what
causes these contradictory messages?
I must say that I have encountered this sort of problem only on CentOS.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com