[CentOS] how to enable Flow Control on CentOS?

R - elists lists07 at abbacomm.net
Thu Jul 7 14:24:32 UTC 2011

> A minor detail - I think you *must* have autoneg set first -
> it applies them one after the other, in my experience.
>
> ETHTOOL_OPTS="autoneg off speed 100 duplex full"
>
>          mark

in this case though, it is gigE so dont use 100

it was used cause cisco typically should be hard set for speed and duplex so
you never have to guess or worry

realistically speed auto duplex auto

gigE is supposed to be smarter

rudi,

you can play with ethtool without having stuff in the ifcfg file

it isnt absolutely necessary to have that stuff in an ifcfg- interface file

those things in the line above are for "boot time" or when up'n the
interface and wanting it always the same

 - rh