[CentOS] Power-outage

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Jul 7 16:56:48 UTC 2011

On Thursday, July 07, 2011 12:05:30 PM Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Well, it is not viable to run PC of the batteries (for long), but
> hooking it up directly to the battery of the UPS (so UPS charges that
> battery) is what I intend to do (There is nowhere to purchase them in my
> country yet :-( ).

Looking at the way the picoPSU implements the +12V output, it should be possible to use the lm_sensors package in CentOS, or the motherboard manufacturer's utility (like SuperoDoctor for Supermicro motherboards) and get an alarm and an orderly shutdown based on the +12V line's voltage.  Could be an interesting application....

But until you can get one.....