[CentOS] Where can I download centos 6

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Fri Jul 8 07:25:56 UTC 2011

Mark Bradbury wrote:
> On 8 July 2011 15:22, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com
> <mailto:pierce at hogranch.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/07/11 10:34 PM, ramazan arslan wrote:
>      > Where can I download centos 6. where to find the current version of
>      > the iso link. please help......
>
>     afaik, it hasn't been released yet.    when its released, it will be on
>     all the usual sites, the DVD ISO will likely be torrent only initially
>     to reduce the load on the servers
>

> According to this  http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa the mirrors started
> syncing  last Tuesday. How long does it normally take for everything to
> sync up?

It should be 2-3 days, but since C6 is larger then C4, C5, it might be
3-4 days. So I would guess that announcement is due today or tomorrow,
but this is just guessing, not the statement. They will make first make
sure all of the mirrors are properly synced and only then announced
availability.

Ljubomir