[CentOS] Where can I download centos 6

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jul 9 17:46:06 UTC 2011

Always Learning wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 13:23 -0300, Edson - PMSS wrote:
>
>> distributions such as Scientific, ClearOS and Oracle Linux.
>
> Scientific Linux, like Centos, is entirely free whilst the remaining two
> are de facto parasites - attempting to re-sell (for commercial profit)
> the freely distributed work of Red Hat Inc.

ClearOS is open source, and an excellent product. It's target is
Firewall/gateway, or All-in-one with excellent web configuration
front-end and marvelous integration of Servers, database, users...
Especially suited for noob's or people not wanting to spend time
learning administration.

What they charge are additional services like AntiVirus, backup, MX
backup, On-line domain copy.... If you do not need them, you don't pay
anything. And they used CentOS 5.x for base when they changed from
ClarkConnect (with Home and paid Office and Enterprise versions) to
ClearOS Foundation.

If it was not for ClarkConnect (rpm based, RHEL at the core), my first
Linux server/router/firewall,  I might not choose CentOS and might not
learn so much about iptables, etc.

Ljubomir