[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

Always Learning

centos at u6.u22.net
Sat Jul 9 18:04:46 UTC 2011

Saturday, 9 July 2011 in England.

This afternoon I was very enthusiastically telling staff in a large US
owned stationary and computers chain store (with often too high prices),
Staples, about the joys and benefits of using Linux, specifically
Centos, over M$ Windoze.

May I suggest that all us very grateful users of Centos make 6 copies of
Centos  6.0 (either i386 or/and X64) and hand then out to friends,
colleagues or strangers (unknown members of the public) who might be
interested in trying Centos ?

A modification of this idea could be to distribute "Live" versions of
Centos that can run without altering a computer's hard disk(s).

Centos is great - and I should have started using it years ago - so too
is the utterly commendable efforts of the gallant and hard working
volunteers who made this excellent experience possible for us to enjoy.

Spreading the metaphorical 'word' in the form of a give-away CD or DVD
will undoubtedly promote Centos and liberate more computer users from
the costly and ghastly tyranny of M$ Windoze. In England one can not
purchase a new computer from a chain store without first paying the
compulsory Windoze tax even if one has no intention of using Micro$oft.

Lets be proud of others world-wide achievement in making Centos 6.0
available to us and let us celibate their inspirational achievement by
giving away some easy-to-duplicate LIVE CDs or a DVD set (2 disks) to
those who would like to try Centos. Since the new version is Centos 6
then give away a minimum of 6 copies of a LIVE CD or 6 copies of a
complete i386 or X64 distribution.

--
With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.

1 June 2010 Exclusively Centos & Gnome. Liberated from M$ Windoze.