[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jul 9 21:32:49 UTC 2011

Keith Roberts wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jul 2011, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
> ***snip***
>
>> Short version (I am hungry):
>>
>> Experience (19 years of Windows phone support and 5 years of Linux
>> administration and usage as a desktop surrounded by Windows users) says
>> that in order to convert (reluctant) Windows user you have to fully
>> replicate Windows environment with compatible Linux Apps. Period.
>
> Maybe they'd take a shine to KDE4 or Gnome 3 desktops?
>
> But that would mean using something like Fedora 15 with a
> maximum update lifetime of ~12 months, or another linux
> distro with a longer lifetime like Ubuntu ?

I see now that I was misunderstood. I was talking about Apps abilities.
"My Windows app would do that automatically"
"Why cant I lay MP3's at once? You did install Winamp-like app? In
windows Winamp just plays my MP3's", and so on.

The look and feel are not so much the problem as behavior of Apps and
the likeness of the App's them selves. Intuitive like-Windows app behavior.

Ljubomir