[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sat Jul 9 22:39:34 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 12:00:03AM +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> Neah. I am talking on how those free AV's are not worth the time spent
> in installing them. Only heavy-hitters like KIS (KAV not so much)
> Symantec NIS and one or two others are capable to stop really nasty bug
> taking over. Even heavy-hitters any at risk if they have idiot
> controlling them.

Symantec is garbage and has been for many years.  Don't care for
Kaspersky from past use, but that was indeed KAV as I've not used
anything else from them.  Perhaps I should evaluate their KIS offering.

I've had absolutely no trouble whatsoever with Avast other than on my
own personal desktop and that was strictly caused by my usage patterns
and would not affect "normal" users in any way; I recommend and install
avast on not only on family and friends boxes but on clients as well.

							John
--
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of
those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too

-- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882-1945), 32nd President of the United States,
   second inaugural address, 20 January 1937