[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 02:59:42 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 4:21 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:

> While that might be true, the reality of the situation is different.
> Until you can provide a seamless drop-in replacement for Windows that
> does not require a change in work-flow habits learned over the course
> of, for some, many years such a switchover will _never_ happen en masse.

I don't think it's going to happen en masse, but I think it is
happening. As more and more of computer usage goes to the Web (for
non-power users, which are the majority) it becomes easier and easier
to accept something other than Windows. I think, for example, the Asus
running MeeGo is going to be more successful than Asus' previous Linux
netbooks because folks are getting used to using Android and iOS on
the Internet. They are beginning to think of the web browser as a
replacement for the desktop. I think Google's ChromeOS *might* have
been a success, had they not over-priced the machines -- but,
personally, I want local storage.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6