[CentOS] Suggest Hardware Raid Controller Card

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Jul 11 15:45:43 UTC 2011

On 07/11/11 7:49 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) SATA
> AHCI Controller (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])

that is an Intel ICH10 SATA controller, which is purely JBOD hardware,
it supports Intel's 'Matrix' fake-raid.

I highly recommend you use it in AHCI mode (thats a BIOS setting) and
configure raid in linux with mdraid

If you want harwdare raid in a DL180G6, you should have gotten one of
the optional 'real' raid controllers such as the P410i w 1gb flash
writeback cache.