[CentOS] 6.0 text-mode installer broken?

Florin Andrei

florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Jul 11 23:17:24 UTC 2011

(I'm doing tests in a VirtualBox instance, so take this with a grain of
salt.)

If you give the VM only 512 MB of RAM, the text-mode installer kicks in.
It does not prompt you to configure anything related to the network or
hostname. The system boots up without a network interface configured.
Also, it won't let you choose the install mode, I guess it defaults to
Minimal (which is fine by me, but still it's a bug).

If you give the VM 768 MB of RAM, the GUI installer is launched, and
this one allows you to configure the hostname, the networking details,
and choose the install mode. The system boots up with networking and all
the niceties enabled.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/