[CentOS] Installing from CD

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 06:49:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:14 AM, david <david at daku.org> wrote:

> The machine I'm trying to load does not have a DVD reader, but only a
> CD reader.

No worries.  Use the Net install CD and boot the system.   On another
system in your LAN,  mount the DVD ISO and export it via either http
or ftp.  I believe NFS/CIFS export is also an option but I am not 100%
sure.

On the "install" system that you have booted with the Netinstall Cd,
choose ftp/http install and point it to the local ftp/http server you
have setup in above step.

> Are the multiple CD images of CENTOS 6 available somewhere?  Earlier
> versions had them.

The Netinstall method from a "local" server takes care of this issue.

HTH.
--
Arun Khan