[CentOS] Anaconda install groups vs yumgroups?

Tom Diehl

tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Jul 12 20:47:46 UTC 2011

Switching the list to centos as requested.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Marcus Moeller wrote:

> Hi.
>
>> In looking at the C6 installer there are several types of installs listed.
>> In the past I could do an install and anaconda would tell me what yumgroups
>> it installed via the anaconda.cfg that was dropped in /root.
>>
>> with c6 anaconda still drops this file but none of the yumgroups are listed.
>>
>> Is there a way to determine what yumgroups a particular install group installs?
>>
>> For instance if I do a server install which groups actually get installed?
>>
>> I am thinking there is something in the anaconda source but so far I am
>> unable to find it and Google is not useful.
>>
>> Is this info listed anywhere?
>
> This is driven by comps.xml. There is no magic behind. yum grouplist
> lists all available and installed groups (sorted)

This does not appear to be true. If it was I would not have posted at all
or maybe I am just confused.

For example, in anaconda there is an install group called "Minimal Desktop"
If I look in the comps.xml in the centos repo there is no such group.
There is also a Minimal group that does not appear in comps.

All I am trying to do is understand the relationship between the groups
listed in anaconda and in comps.xml.

Does anaconda use a different comps.xml?

Regards,

--
Tom Diehl       tdiehl at rogueind.com      Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com