[CentOS] C6: Suspend on laptop close doesn't work

Mogens Kjaer

mk at lemo.dk
Wed Jul 13 13:02:16 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've been running Fedora on my Lenovo X61s laptop for many
(Fedora) generations.

Fedora 15, however, was not my cup of tea, so I've decided to wipe
out Fedora, and do a clean install of CentOS 6 (x86_64).

Everything works OK, except that the laptop does not suspend when
I close the lid.

I've checked the settings in "Power Management", and it is set
to suspend when the lit is closed, with or without AC power.

This has always worked in Fedora.

Suspending manually from the shutdown menu works.

No messages are logged in /var/log/messages when the lit is
closed.

What have I overlooked?

Mogens
Mogens Kjaer, mk at lemo.dk