[CentOS] C6: Suspend on laptop close doesn't work

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Wed Jul 13 21:53:02 UTC 2011

When I was trying out the RHEL6 beta I saw this problem on a
recent model top line Thinkpad T series.  (A T500?  It's not in
front of me right now.) That machine is now
running RHEL6.1 and hibernation is fine, evidenced by the fact
that two days ago I unplugged it after forgetting to shut it
down and it recovered just fine.

I don't recall if the fixed kernel was part of the initial
RHEL6.0 or not, but you might find that as the CentOS updates
catch up the problem may go away.

[And with respect to the 'Effecting CentOS change' thread, yes
having an early RHEL test system with a license and submitting a
bug report works wonders.  I was motivated by wanting CentOS to
work on my new laptop ...]

Devin