[CentOS] Burning DVDs (was: CentOS 6 x86_64 DVD doesn't boot)

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Thu Jul 14 15:26:22 UTC 2011

--On Thursday, July 14, 2011 09:53:07 AM -0500 Trey Dockendorf
<treydock at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had an smililar issue using the CentOS 6 DVD with a DVD-RW.  The same
> install disk worked perfectly on another system.  I ended up having to use
> the Netinstall CD to do the install.

This is often a side effect of what I have been told is a poor specification
in the DVD industry regarding writing at > 1x speed, in that certain
requirements were set for that speed but not for higher speeds.

I have had much better luck with DVD data portability if I always
burn DVDs at 1x (or as close to it as the DVD firmware will allow),
particularly when it comes to burning on one system and reading on
another.

Devin