[CentOS] Problem with net-install - USB keyboard solved

david david at daku.org
Thu Jul 14 15:47:33 UTC 2011

At 11:37 PM 7/13/2011, you wrote:
>On 07/11/2011 08:37 PM, david wrote:
> > I fear that the net-install image may not support USB keyboards,
> > which if so, is unfortunate.
> >

>that is not true, I've done a couple of installs on machines that only
>hae usb keyboards and its been fine. Could it be a model / bios /
>firmware issue ?
>
>- KB
>________
Dear KB:

You are right-on.  It turns out that the BIOS has a setting "USB
Emulation", which if turned on, lets a USB keyboard/mouse behave like
the PS2 version.  With this option turned on, the USB keyboard worked
throughout the install process.  With this option turned off, the USB
keyboard was not visible to the first net-install screen, although
apparently some native USB drivers came into play later.

So here's one "problem" that has evaporated.  On to the next one.

David