[CentOS] CentOS6: installing 32bit and 64bit RPMS via the installer?

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 14:16:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> I had a problem with 32-bit rpms on 64-bit system. I tried to install
> krusader-2.0.0.i386 in 64-bit system, and it reported that files from
> openssl(I think) x86_64 conflicts with files in same package but i686.
> That means that there are packages that can only be install as pure
> 64-bit, no multilib.

Depending on how you installed you could find there were gripes when you'd
only got one half of a multilib on.  I think that was normally a red herring
and you just had to force the two to coexist (and yum would normally just make
that happen).

You get that with things like firefox, where both 32bit and 64bit provide
identical files, but it's not *really* a problem.

jh