[CentOS] CentOS-6 dhcpd

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jul 15 16:45:54 UTC 2011

I've installed CentOS-6 on my server
(in parallel to CentOS-5.6)
and now I'm trying to set up dhcpd.

I'm not sure if there has been a change in dhcpd
under CentOS-6, but I'm getting the dreaded message
"Not configured to listen on any interfaces!"
when I "sudo service dhcpd restart".

I realise now that I have never known
how the connection between interface (eth0 and eth1, in my case)
and network (192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0, in my case)
is established.

I have DHCPDARGS=eth1 in /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd
but evidently I need to say something more somewhere.

Can one actually specify the interface in /etc/dhcpd.conf
and if so how?

Any suggestions or enlightenment gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net