[CentOS] gnome 3 on CentOS

Patrick Lists centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 15 18:32:56 UTC 2011

On 07/15/2011 07:15 PM, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How can I install gnome 3 to CentOS 5.6 or CentOS 6.0?

Afaik you can't. I don't think there is Gnome 3 for CentOS 5.6 or 6.x.
Why not just use Fedora 15 (in a VM)? Fedora 15 has Gnome 3 out of the box.

I have no idea if it's possible at all to build Gnome 3 on CentOS but I
guess you could try the JHBuild tool or, if you want to use proper RPMs,
rebuild all Gnome3 SRPMs and all dependency SRPMs on your CentOS box.

Regards,
Patrick