[CentOS] problems with burning i386 centos 6 dvd

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Fri Jul 15 21:19:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011, yonatan pingle wrote:

*snip*

> Any pros vs cons on using a bootable USB thumb drive instead of CD/DVD ?
>
> this might be the better solution as the images just grow larger and
> larger each update.
>
> I find it much faster to install from USB.

I think that's an option I'm going to have to look into. I
suppose you would mount the iso image, and copy the files
directly to the USB flash drive?

FWIW: I've just dl'd Vista SP1 & 2 and some apps as well,
and that all worked well for updating a fresh install of
Vista. Just ran it all from the USB drive.

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.php-debuggers.net